I make this soup quite often, it’s too easy to not, and my kids will actually eat it! I made some biscuts to go along with it, (which were way easy and I will soon post).
Get out your soup pot! Let’s make dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups veggie broth or water
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning (there is a fantastic one at Costco)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4-1/2 cup uncooked pasta (I used small wheat shells)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onion and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
Add broth/water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, italian seasoning, pepper, and tomatoes.
Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pasta, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust spices to suit your taste.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of vegan cheese on top!
Most of the time I double this for leftovers. I tend to add more water to it because I like more broth. Adjust your seasonings to taste if you do add more water.