One of my family faves! So easy. I have made this in a crock pot on low for 6-8 hours or on the stovetop letting simmer for about an hour or so. I tend to not always have all the ingredients on hand so I will sub in a can of kidney beans or leave out a can of corn….etc…this soup is very forgiving! Have fun adding or subtracting more or less of whatever your family likes best. Promise it turns out great every time.
PS- this makes a BIG pot of soup! (I like leftovers!) Recipe works great halved too.
- 1 med onion diced
- 4-5 celery stalks chopped
- 1 7 oz. can diced green chilis
- 2 15 oz. cans sweet corn drained
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans drained
- 2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- handful cilantro leaves (I like lots)
- 2 tea. chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (find one that doesn’t contain milk solids)
- salt/pepper to taste (I use Lawry’s seasoned salt in addition)
Throw all ingredients into crock pot and simmer on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with your choice of crushed tortilla chips, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese and/or fresh cilantro. Add more water or broth if it’s to your liking and adjust seasonings accordingly. YUM!