NOPE! It’s not eggs!
It’s tofu my friends! I’ll be honest… I’ve seen recipes like this out there before, and I’ve kinda just steered clear. How could tofu taste or resemble scrambled eggs in any way ? I decided to take the plunge and try it for myself. I was pleasantly surprised! My husband was too! You need to try.
- 1 block firm tofu (drained and pressed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and/or pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup daiya cheddar shreds (optional)
Top with you fave scramble toppings such as: Pico de gallo, salsa, avocado, etc.
- In frying pan on medium high heat, add olive oil and crumbled drained tofu.
- Sprinkle on cumin, turmeric, and garlic salt. Cook for around 10 minutes until tofu starts to brown.
- Add in your daiya cheddar (if using). Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Eat as shown in the picture below, or wrap it up in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito with hot sauce. YUM!
Note: If you have leftovers, throw in a tupperware and store in the fridge for the next day. Just reheat in the microwave!