The other day as I opened the fridge for lunch (which is my least favorite meal of the day because I usually just look for 10 seconds, sigh, and settle for a peanut butter banana sandwich with the kids), I noticed there were leftover roasted portobello mushrooms from the portobello fajitas we had eaten the night before.
Then I noticed that I also had leftover chopped salad with veggies, brown rice with quinoa, hummus, and whole wheat tortillas. Did I just hear an angel sing? Was it Christmas again? Did I win some kind of jackpot? How could all of my leftovers actually equal something that could be put together and taste good?? It was my lucky day, AND I even had chips and salsa to make it complete! Perfect lunch day.
- 1 Extra large whole wheat tortilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons of your favorite hummus
- 1/4-1/3 Cup cooked brown rice and/or cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped lettuce w/your choice of chopped veggies (mine had tomatoes, carrots, parsley, and cucumbers)
- Roasted portobello mushrooms (and or anything else that you have available that would sound yum to you in a wrap)
- Spread your tortilla with hummus, then evenly sprinkle cooked rice and/or quinoa over the top.
- Leaving the tortilla with the hummus and rice open, place on microwave safe plate, and cook in microwave around 30 seconds.
- Take out and pile on your chopped lettuce w/veggies
- Roll up and slice in half to enjoy, and not share :)