I love portobello mushrooms! Last night not only was I lucky enough to have them stocked in my fridge, but peppers and onions too! Perfect for some veggie fajitas. I was in a bit of a hurry, so i just threw my mushrooms in the roasting dish whole, but I think I may chop them up next time. This way I won’t need to be chopping them up while they are hot.
I had corn tortillas on hand, but any kind of tortilla will work. Throw on your favorite taco toppings to make it complete!
- Around 16 portobello mushrooms
- 2-3 limes
- 2 peppers red, orange, or yellow
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 12 corn tortillas
- tomatoes, cilantro, salsa, avocado, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir together oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Put veggies into a large bowl and drizzle vinegar mixture over the top. Stir to coat.
- Spread veggies into a large oven safe dish or pan and squeeze one lime evenly over the top of the veggies.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, (stirring half way through) until your roasted liking.
- While veggies are roasting, cut up your toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
- When the veggies have about 10-15 min left, wrap your tortillas in foil and set in the oven to warm up.
- When veggies are done, load the filling into tortillas, toppings, (I liked squeezing a lime over mine too!) and enjoy.