With Thanksgiving right around the corner, sweet potatoes have been on my mind. Tonight’s dinner was a hit, and it was so simple! I decided to load up my sweet potatoes with a bit of a mexican theme including black beans, white northern beans, corn, salsa, and cilantro. YUM. The kids actually took to this one too! Include a side salad and some fresh fruit, Perfect dinner. I love it!
Let your mind run wild with the options of toppings, any kinds of veggies, grains, beans, vegan cheeses, onions, olives…etc. Have fun experimenting!
- Enough sweet potatoes to feed you or your crowd. My guess is if they are small potatoes, to do at least two per person.
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Toppings! Including but not limited to: Veggies, beans, salsa, vegan cheeses and/or sour cream, onions, olives, coleslaws, cracked salt and pepper…
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub your sweet potatoes and rub all over with a bit of olive oil. Poke a fork into each potato a few times (for venting) and place on a foil lined pan (for easier clean up!).
- Cook your potatoes depending on the size for around 30-45 min. or until you can poke a fork into it very easily.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool for a couple minutes. Cut open, and pile high yummy toppings! Enjoy!