Fall is here! Mornings are chilly and by the evening all I want is a warm bowl of soup. This one will be one of your fall favorites.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium size onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2-3 carrots chopped
- 10 small red potatoes chopped
- 2 cups corn (canned, frozen, or fresh)
- 3 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base
- 5 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper and salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot on medium high heat and throw in your onions. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Throw in your carrots, peppers, and potatoes. Cook for 4-5 min.
- Pour in your non dairy milk, ONE cup of the water, bouillon base, and seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, cook until potatoes are soft.
- Whisk the cornstarch into your remaining cup of water, and stir into your soup until thickened.
- Throw in your corn, and enjoy with croutons!
- I made my own croutons with a loaf of french bread. I chopped it up on a cookie sheet, sprayed a little Pam on the pieces. Sprinkle with Lawry’s Salt, and a little garlic powder. Cook in oven at 450 for 5 minutes one side, and 5 more on the other. (Or to your browness liking). :)