#1- My family loves lettuce wraps!
#2-This recipe is a GREAT way to get your kids to eat tofu!
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 package 14 oz. firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 8 oz. can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 1 cup diced portabella mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1/2-2 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8-1/4 cup soy sauce (depending on your taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Romaine lettuce hearts
- Optional toppings that are way yum: Avocado slices, green onions, & hot sauce (such as my favorite, Sriracha)
- Heat oil on hot skillet and add your tofu. Break tofu up into small pieces with a spatula.
- When tofu is browned, add water chestnuts,corn,chili powder,soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Spoon onto your romaine, and enjoy with optional toppings.
NOTE: My kids LOVE to eat these mixed with rice. It makes them a little more filling… they call them “Lettuce Tacos”.
I served these with some spring rolls and fresh fruit, it made a wonderful dinner!