Cinnamon rolls are one of my biggest weaknesses…. I just can not be without them.
I’ve recently “veganized” my favorite VERY non-vegan recipe and came up with this.
I like to use my bread machine to make the dough.
I am proud of how these turned out! No one would ever guess they were vegan!
- 1 cup warm non dairy milk ( I used almond milk)
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons milled flax and 6 Tablespoons water mixed together and set in fridge for 5 min.)
- 1/3 cup non dairy butter, melted (I used Smart Balance Light)
- 4 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup non dairy butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Tofutti cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Throw all dough ingredients into a bread maker and set on “dough cycle”
- While dough is mixing, make frosting by combining all ingredients and mixing very well with a hand mixer. Store in an air tight container.
- When dough is finished, roll out onto a floured surface a 1/2 inch-3/4 inch thick 12ish by 12ish inch square.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread your softened butter evenly onto the square and then evenly sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over that.
- Carefully roll up the dough as tight as you can into a cylinder, and slice into 12 rolls.
- Place into a greased 12 by 9 pan. ( i don’t mind them touching, but if you want more circle shaped rolls place them on a greased cookie sheet maybe?)
- Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and let them rise until they are about double the size. (Usually around 30 min.)
- After the rolls have risen, take plastic wrap off and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 min.
- ENJOY THE HEAVEN that I call, the cinnamon roll. vegan.