In the past month, I have tried at least 8 different vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes. Some have turned out kinda good, some completely awful. I don’t like crispy cookies. I don’t like flat cookies.
A couple days ago I went to the kitchen with no recipe, just a chocolate chip cookie craving, and I ended up with these lovelies.
Now, these are not exactly what I would call a “healthy cookie”….but they are a little lower in fat and vegan :) Let me know what you think!
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance Light Original Buttery Spread softened
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Ener G Egg Replacer egg
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 6 oz. dairy free choc. chips
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together your flax egg and energy egg in separate bowls and set aside.
- Mix together butter, oil, sugars, and vanilla. Add in your flax and Ener G egg and mix well. Add salt, and flour. When flour is all folded in, add choc chips.
- Roll large balls of dough, and drop onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 min.
- Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen