In honor if Valentine’s Day, I give you chocolate mousse. Now, how do you make a vegan chocolate mousse you ask?
Not even kidding. You’ll be amazed.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 -1/2 cup agave (I used closer to 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
1. Purée avocado, cocoa powder, agave or syrup, and vanilla in a food processor until silky smooth. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use (up to 3 days).
2. In a food processor, combine flaxseed, walnuts, cinnamon, salt, and dates, pulse until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use, for up to 7 days.
3. Layer 4-5 Tablespoons mousse (this is really rich, you don’t need much) at the bottom of each glass. Layer with raspberries and sprinkle with around a tablespoon of the date mixture.