If I had to pick ONE item from my kitchen that I absolutely had to have, I would pick my Vitamix blender.
I purchased this about 4 years ago when I started toying around the idea of vegan. It really helps in getting my kids to get the veggies down. It’s great because if I just have enough time to throw a PB&J sandwich at them for lunch, I can make a smoothie to go with it and feel like they got some nutrition!
Here is my fave recipe for a smoothie that my whole family enjoys:
Makes 4-5 Sevings
- 1 banana
- 1 LARGE handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 large carrot or handful of baby carrots
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 1/2 can unsweetened pineapple chunks with half the can of juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (any kind)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup any kind of juice
- 4-6 ice cubes (more or less depending on consistency preference)
Throw in all ingredients and blend! Awesome.
I have also made this particular smoothie with added summer squash, cabbage, kale…. whatever I have on hand.You honestly can’t even taste it in there! SO nutritious, so good.